Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

A collection of collections at the Kaleidoscope Gallery

I have never been a collector (I was always quite jealous of my cousin's pig collection when I was little, but never had the staying power to have one of my own . . .)

Sevenoaks Kaleidoscope Gallery is showing off a collection of collections this month - from frogs and owls to comic books and teddy bears. It's quite interesting to see what people have decided to spend their time hunting for and cherishing.

Each collection has a little tale about why the collector started and which pieces are really important to them. I like all that!

Orla liked the shiny shells (downstairs in the library) and the stuffed wild cat (which I actually think is not part of the exhibition).

There's a little area with owl pictures to colour in. Take a look when you're there and see if you can find Orla's . . .

Sevenoaks Library
Buckhurst Lane
Sevenoaks TN13 1LQ

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

A D.I.Y. Blogger Template by Sommerfugl Design